Saturday, October 20, 2018

Joy Clair and Therm-O-Web

I am participating in a Joy Clair Stamps and Therm-O-Web collaboration.

http://joyclair.typepad.com/


I am featuring a new release of Joy Clair Stamps "Christmas Lights". It is a cool background stamp with tiny light bulbs on a string.



I decided to use some of the Deco Foil by Therm-O-Web and foil all my bulbs. I love the shine the foil brings to my projects! I used the Rainbow Foil to achieve all the colored bulbs with only purchasing ONE foil pack.


I took an A2 card and stamped the "Christmas Lights" in black in on the front. I then used the Deco Foil Adhesive to color all the bulbs. I then let it dry for about an hour. The adhesive will be clear and tacky to the touch. Then the fun part begins!!


I took a tiny square of the Rainbow foil and used a section of color to place over the tacky bulb, shinny side UP. Rub gently to get the adhesive to grab hold of the foil and peel back the foil to reveal all the shinny goodness!!



I continued to move my foil around to different bulbs and shifting the foil to a different color on the tiny foil sheet until all my bulbs were covered. I then selected a large Deco Frame and peeled off the release paper to reveal the adhesive and place it on the front of my card. I found a die cut circle I owned that was the same size as the opening I wanted to make and used my Sizzix to cut out the hole.


I then used the previous Christmas release of Joy Clair stamp set, "3D Christmas Poinsettia" to stamp my "Merry Christmas" sentiment inside the card where it would show though the center opening on my card front.


(As a bonus, I took the decorative circle I cut out of the front and added it to the back of my card to jazz it up a bit. I also used a Deco Frame to make it stand out.)


I hope you try the new Deco Foils from Therm-O-Web. They come in some fabulous colors!! A word of caution:  Once you use the foil you may become addicted to it, like I did!!

Thanks for joining me!! Don't forget to sign up for my newsletter for more fun card ideas!!

2 comments: