Monday, October 8, 2018

Faux Halloween Chalkboard with Miss Kate Cuttables Challenge

I am doing a Challenge for Miss Kate Cuttables. The Challenge for this month is "Halloween". I LOVE Halloween decorating!! The spookier the better. But in this case, I decided to make a cute table decoration for my Halloween parties.

Don't forget to go to Miss Kate Cuttables(MKC) to get your daily FREEBIE before starting this project!!

 


This is a faux chalkboard sign. Chalkboards are all the rage right now. This is an easy one to make and looks like you spent HOURS making it.

First, go and get your favorite MKC design. It doesn't have to be Halloween, this will work with ANY MKC design. I just decided to make a cute Halloween sign to place on my haunted food table this year.( I used Ghost and Goblins Chalkboard Design for my project today)


Load your die cutting machine, mine is a Cameo 3 by Silhouette, with a white gel pen instead of the cutting blade. You really don't have to mess with any of the settings to change the blade out but if you want to chose the "pen" option you can do that too.

Load black card stock into your mat and proceeded like you are cutting out your design. Instead of the blade cutting the design out, it will draw it out with your white gel pen. When it is complete, just color in the design with a chalk pencil, chalk sticks or pastels. Make sure you blur some of the dust around to look like a used chalkboard!


That's it. Just place it in a picture frame with or without the glass and it will look like a chalkboard masterpiece!!

Thank you for joining me today, don't forget to sign up for my newsletter so you don't miss any of my next exciting posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment