Tuesday, October 9, 2018

"The Reason" New Release from Joy Clair Stamps

Let's make a Christmas card with water color and Joy Clair Stamps!

Nativity1

I stamped the image from "The Reason" stamp set from the new release on watercolor paper and Stazon ink. Then I proceeded to watercolor the image.
  Nativity3

Next, I cut out some navy blue card stock to fit the card and then trimmed off the center section to mimic the raise of the star.  I lined the edges with some gold foil paper and stamped the angel from the set in VersaMark and used clear embossing powder on it to blend in the background a bit.
  Nativity7

After that, I stamped in VersaMark the sentiment from the set in the lower bottom right hand of the blue paper then used black embossing powder on it to stand out a bit more then the angel.
  Nativity5
Nativity5

Lastly, I cut out a black and a gold star using my Cameo 3 (you can hand cut one if you don't have a cutting machine). I glued them together for more stability and mounted it on a foam adhesive square. Mount the card front on an A2 card base and you are done! If you want to fit this card into an envelope either make a larger envelope or cut down your card before you glue on the star and make sure it will fit in your envelope before you glue on the star or Move the star down into the card a bit.
  Nativity2
Nativity6

I hope you liked my Holy Card! Don't forget to sign up for my newsletter so you don't miss any exciting projects coming out soon!

(For the FREE SVG of the Nativity Star, please leave me a comment and your email address and I will send the svg to your email.)


No comments:

Post a Comment