Saturday, October 6, 2018

Holidays Are Better In Flip Flops!!

In honor of World Card Making Day, I joined up with Joy Clair Stamps to make this fun holiday card from Joy Clair's new release. Don't forget to scroll all the way down this post to continue on the Around the World Blog Hop!!

http://joyclair.typepad.com/

The stamp set is called, "Penguins Tropical Christmas". There are a lot of fun stamps in this set. I decided to use the penguin and the bikini!!


I used the new stamp set from Joy Clair Stamps called, "Penguins Tropical Christmas". I stamped the penguin over and over, starting with the front row and then covering them with a mask as I continued to stamp up towards the top. I used the MISTI to help me keep them all in a row.



When I was finished I stamped a pink bikini on one of the penguins and colored all the beaks. For some added dimension I added Crystal Effects to the bathing suit to make it shinny and stand out a bit more.



Lastly, I stamped the one of the sentiments from the set onto some bright cardstock and used a die that look like a sun and mounted it on some foam adhesive dots. Mounted the card on pink then black card stock and added my card front to an A2 card base.


Thanks for joining me! Don't forget to sign up for my newsletter to receive all my posts directly in your email inbox the minute I post!



11 comments:

  1. OMG, this is so stinkin' adorable! Love all the penguins, but
    especially that cutie with the bikini. Love the dimension.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness - too cute! For sure I love this penguin card and the standout - I am wearing my itsy bitsy teeny weenie bikini! TFS make me chuckle! Love it Happy Card Making Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, this is hilarious! All that masking is so impressive and the sentiment and bikini clad penguin was such a surprise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! It is easy if you make 2 masks or 3 with post it notes and a MISTI makes it much easier to line up!

      Delete
  4. OMG!!! This card totally cracks me up! What cute penguins!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have to be the "masking queen!" :) Wonderful job on this cute, cute penguin card! Happy World Card Making Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Happy World Card Making Day to you!! Enjoy the hop!

      Delete
  6. Brilliant! Love the penguins especially the girlie!

    ReplyDelete