Sunday, August 26, 2018

Joy Clair's New Release "Good Vibes" and a JEEP!!

I am so excited about this new stamp set from Joy Clair's new release. It is called, "Good Vibes".  It happens to have a cool jeep in it and we happen to have a jeep!  My husband will be getting lots of cards made with this set!

 
The card I made today is a great inspiration card for male (or female) especially one who may own a jeep.

 
I used some wonderful Rinea foil on this card for the jeep as well as the embellishments.


I stamped the jeep on the Rinea foil and black StazOn ink. I let it dry. Next, I used a cotton swab to put some Ghost Ink on the headlights and the front window to resemble a glass reflection. ( Let it set for about a minute and then rub it off with a tissue.)  It is so neat to reveal some of the silver under the gold! Cut out the jeep with scissors, carefully.
 


Next, I worked on the decorations of my card. I cut some banners from silver and gold Rinea foil. (Actually, it is the same paper, gold is on the back and silver on the front.)Stamped my sentiment, "Life is Good" on the smaller gold banner and heat embossed it with some black embossing powder. Be careful or you can wrinkle up the foil with the heat tool. I think you can skip the embossing and just use black StazOn ink but I like to play with stuff to come up with new looks. The heat on the foil makes it wrinkle and even bubble. It is a cool thing if you aren't trying to get a crisp, shinny metal look!

 
I used some texture paper for my card front, added the banners in layers with some tape runner. I only put tape on the top so I could bend the banners up a bit to give some dimension. The paper is actually foil over paper so it bends nicely.  I added a silver band to the bottom of the card and added my jeep with some adhesive dots under the left and right part of the jeep leaving the middle tape free so I could bend it a bit for even more dimension.  Lastly, I added the black enamel dots from a bottle and let them dry.  Glue the front to an A2 card base and your jeep card is done!!
 


 Thanks for stopping by! Don't forget to sign up for my newsletter so you won't miss a single post!!



No comments:

Post a Comment