Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Anniversary Stamp Showcase with Joy Clair and Party Animal

Today's post is about Joy Clair's Anniversary!! Happy 4th Anniversary Joy Clair Stamps!! To celebrate, they have a new stamp set released for this celebration, "Party Animal". It is such a fun set and I had fun making this card for the occasion.


I first stamped the door from, "I Am" on to some wood patterned paper. I used some black StazOn. I cut out the door and set it aside. Next I ran some white card stock through my Sizzix with a brick embossing folder and trimmed it down. I then took a regular A2 card base and got to work on making the door work.


I set the door in the center of my brick paper and traced the inside of the door with a pencil. Then I placed it where I wanted it on my card base. I used a straight edge to cut out my pencil lines going though both layers of the A2 card base and the brick paper. Next, I traced, with a pencil, the door opening to the back page of my card base so I knew where to stamp my image. I used the turtle from the, "Party Animal" Anniversary Stamp Set Release. (You can use any image you would like.) I stamped him with black StazOn and colored him with Leisure Arts Premium Colored Pencils. I then stamped the balloon and drew a string with a black marker.


I also stamped the sentiment from the same set.  To add some more fun, I used a set called, "Doodle Lines" to add the 3 dots after the word, "Happy Birthday" and the arrows on the opposite side of the card.


Back to the card front. I adhered the brick paper with foam dots, making sure to line up the door hole with the one on the card base. Then, glued the door over that opening too.


Lastly, I stamped the, "It's Time To Party" with some VersaMark on some red paper and used some black embossing powder, heated with my heat tool and cut it out. Added it to the front of the card with some foam adhesive and I was finished.


I did decide to add some glossy accents over my turtle and balloon to make him shinny and a bit 3D.


I hope you like my fun "Party Animal" card!!  Don't forget to subscribe to my email and check out the other designers cards!!

Happy Card Making!!




1 comment:

  1. This is looking so nice. I am in love with these details. I too have to start the preparations of my own birthday and I wish to add so much art as well as creativity to every level of the party planning. Have just booked the indoor event space Chicago and now will start creating DIY invites and the décor too. So much work!

    ReplyDelete