Friday, August 10, 2018

Joy Clair's Dancing Donut Background

I can't wait for you to see the new release from Joy Clair!! I used a few stamps to make today's card.

But first, be sure to sign up for my newsletters for more projects delivered to your inbox!

Better card front

I used a fun new background stamp called, "Dancing Donut Background". It is part of Joy Clair's new release which you can view HERE.

I stamped the background stamp on some card stock and trimmed it down to 4 x 5.25 and colored them with markers. I added some crystal accents over the donuts to add shine and dimension. When that dried, I sewed the card panel to a A2 card base using purple thread and a zig zag stitch.

Tag cu

To add some more shine, I used some Rinea Foiled paper to make a cute matching donut tag embellishment. I used the GHOST INK by Rinea and stamped my Dancing Donut Background on the foil. I waited a few minutes and buffed the metal with a napkin with some alcohol on it until the donuts shined though.


Tag cu

I layered the foil tag on top of a pick tag and sewed that tag on top of my card front. I also added a little bit of glossy accents on top of the main donut on the tag and also colored the donut a bit with some brown to have it stand out.


A bit closer

Now to work on the inside of the card!! I stamped a sentiment from another new set from the new release called, "Sprinkled With Love".  I stamped the words with some Stazon black ink. To bring some unity to my card with outside to inside I added some foil. I layered the larger strip with some pink paper to further the continuity.

Sweet 2


Inside strip cu

After doing the inside of the card, you are finished!!

Card front

I hope you enjoyed my card and hope you join me again soon for more ideas!!


No comments:

Post a Comment