Thursday, August 2, 2018

Blog Hopping with Joy Clair

Today I am "hopping along" with Joy Clair and the new Release. You can view all the new stamp sets HERE.

I chose the new "Sprinkled With Love" set to create 2 cards. One is more manly and the other is more girly, but they can be used for any occasion. (Thinking of you, Birthday, Thank you)

 

This green one is more manly because I used greens and yellows for the theme. I also used some awesome foil from Rinea. It is very cool double sided foil. I chose the green/gold. I stamped on it with Ghost ink and distressed it using some black ink and the crinkle method. (You can find more inspiration about Rinea foil HERE)


This one uses the same set, "Sprinkled With Love" but also used the adorable smiley face stamp from the new released set, "Life is Sweet". I stamped the smaller donuts onto some regular white cardstock for the base and with some scrap white paper stamped the larger donut from the set and colored it with Leisure Arts Premium Colored Pencils after I stamped the face from "Life is Sweet". I cut it out and added some glossy accents for some shine. I used some black paper for my sentiment and embossed with white embossing powder. I added just a touch of some Rinea foil paper to bring it all together.


 You can see the dimension that the glossy accents adds to it as well as shine! Lastly, I added a small banner to the top corner with the same glossy black paper and some more Rinea foil paper.



After I made the background I adhered it to a black card base and made my embellishments. I stamped the images from "Sprinkled with Love" onto Copic friendly paper and colored them with Copics. Any colors would look great on this card but I stuck with more manly colors like yellows, greens and oranges. To keep the words from sticking out too much, I colored around the sentiment with some G000 of my Copics.  I also added the glossy accents to this donut and I was finished.




Thank you for stopping by! Please sign up for my blog post emails to receive updates when I post new projects!

Blog Hop Participants:

Martha Lucia Gomez
Lindsay Adreon
Andrea McQuain Bjork
Nicole Winslow
Donna Green Idlet
Helen Gullett
Kerry Urbatch
Angie Cimbalo
Jenny Fruchey YOU ARE HERE
Ceal Pritchette
Monica Maiser

Until next time,
Happy Crafting!!


27 comments:

  1. Love the shiny glaze on your donut!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cards are so cute and yummy...makes me want a donut!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun cards! I love the donuts with the glossy accents.
    And the foil is pretty nice, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, these look good enough to eat. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun and colorful donut cards.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These donut cards are so cute and I love the glossy accents for shiny frosting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. They look good enough to eat..... Great donut cards!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Like the shiny donut -these cards will put a smile on anyones face - they did mine! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  9. Donuts and coffee... Our Saturday morning get together by with friends so these cards bring a smile!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing cards! I also really love how you used the Rinea Foiled Paper.
    Nadine - My Scrap n' Stuff

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fun cards. Love the green foil.
    The popped donut on the other
    card is a great idea.
    thanks for sharing
    txmlhl(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute and sweet ideas, sets, and coloring - Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the different effects with the same stamp. Thanks for sharing your creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such fun and festive cards! Love the foil paper.

    ReplyDelete