Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Joy Clair and Christmas in July

I am excited to get going on some Christmas cards!! Yep, time to start working on your Christmas cards so you won't be stressed out come December!!
This set has become one of my favorite Christmas sets! I think you will agree with me.
It is Joy Clair's, "3D Christmas Poinsettia".


I stamped the panel with some of the smaller poinsettias with some VersaFine Clair Nocturne. I colored them with Leisure Arts Premium Colored pencils. I did some shading with the light and dark color of each pencils. I cut the panel and mounted it on some black cardstock and set it aside to work on the card base.



I used a regular A2 card and cut another white panel 1/4 inch smaller for my card front. I positioned the panel on it without tape so I can see where to add my other panels and stamping.



Next, I stamped the large, medium and small poinsettia onto red cardstock and colored them with pencils to add shading. I fussy cut out each flower and layered them together. I bent the petals to make them more 3D and attached a brad to the center to keep them secure.

I then stamped the leaves on some green cardstock and also added some shading with colored pencils, cut them out and rolled them a bit for a more realistic look.


I added the flower to a square white cardstock panel and then mounted it onto a black mat. I set this on my card to see where I want to add my sentiment stamp.

I stamp my sentiment with VersaFine Clair Nocturne and then tie a red ribbon around the white panel. The white panel is added to the card base and then I add the other 2 panels with some foam adhesive.



To add a little bling, I added some jewels to the end of my "Joy" sentiment stamping.


If you are like me and you like lots of "BLING" add some glitter pen to your 3D flower and the poinsettia on the colored panel.

Thank you for joining me for my Christmas in July card. I hope you like it and give it a try for yourself.





2 comments: