Sunday, July 15, 2018

Joy Clair and the New Release

Hi! I'm here with today's blog post using the new release stamp set called, "The Potter" and also some stamps from the new set called, "Born To Sparkle".  Both of these sets are from the Joy Clair release. You can check out the whole release HERE!

Clay open book

First off, pick where you would like to use the stamp set. I chose Isaiah 64:8 but you can also use Corinthians 4:7. They both are referenced with the sentiments in the set.

Clay open book

Stamp with your favorite inks. I chose VersaFine Clair Nocturne. It does bleed through the paper but I plan on doing some other imaging on the back of my page with some layering so it will cover up my bleed thru. You can chose inks that do not bleed as much.

Clay open book

After I stamped all my images I colored them all using my Leisure Arts Premium Colored Pencils.

Clay open book

I tried to shade as much as possible to add some depth to my coloring. I do this by using 2 shades of each color. I use a light and a dark to add in the shading and highlighting.

Clay open book

I also did some "doodling" by writing the word "Clay" in large letters over the bible verses and coloring it with some browns. I then added some of the verses around the letters with a very fine black marker. To add some more interest, I used a glitter pen over the whole word, "Clay".

Clay open book

When I was done I added in some other doodling and some fun stamping with my stamp set, "Born To Sparkle". I used the tiny sparkles in yellow and orange. I think they add some fun twinkling!
The colored pencils are also fun for drawing. I drew in some vines and added some spiral roses to separate all the sections and add interest.

Clay open book

I hope you like my Bible page!! Have fun creating your own Bible pages!!

Until next time, Happy Crafting!!



2 comments:

  1. Stunning! You inspired me to get back to my Bible Journaling - thank you - have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad I inspired you to get back into Bible Journaling. It is worth it! Hugs

    ReplyDelete