Sunday, July 1, 2018

Joy Clair Challenge for July

I have a fun interactive card for this month's Joy Clair Challenge. Check out the picture below, what does it inspire you to create? Keep reading for my interpretation.

http://joyclair.typepad.com/blog/2018/07/july-challenge-anything-goes-1.html

Here is the card I came up with after viewing the images above.


I used the stamp sets, "Inspirational Arrows" and "Light House" from the new release. I made the "Be fearless" arrow a spinner by adding a brad to the center of the arrow and it spins around to mimic the arrow on a compass.

The card is very easy to make. I stamped out the boat from "Light House" and colored it with Leisure Arts Premium colored pencils. Then "fussy cut" or cut it out with my scissors. I set that aside and worked on the card base.


I took some navy blue paper and made my card base. This is an A2 card size. I then layered it with some navy decorative paper. (I like this paper because it reminded me of a fishing net.) I then went to my trusty Cameo 3 by Silhouette and cut out my compass rose and letters to mark the directions. I glued it down to my card and moved on to my arrow. It is simply just stamped on white paper and cut around with scissors. I left a tiny bit of room where I decided to put my brad so the spinner could work. After adding all that to the card, I added some foam adhesive squares to the back of my boat and I was done!!




Here is another view of my card, YEP....I added some cute dots to the corner with some dimensional paint BUT......I stuck my finger them before they were dry so that had to be edited out. So, if you can keep your fingers off your project for a few hours, go ahead and add some embellishments to the corner of your card.....or not....

Thanks for joining me today for my version of the Joy Clair Challenge for July.  Don't forget to subscribe to my blog so you can get all the updates and posts when they post automatically!!

Thanks for stopping by! Until next time.....Happy Crafting!!
Jen




2 comments: