Thursday, December 20, 2018

Miss Kate Cuttable's Spinner Winter Card

HI!! I have a great interactive card today. It is a spinner card! I used some great files from Miss Kate Cuttables.  Before we get into the project, don't forget to get the FREEBIE of the day!!  Now on to the project!!





I used the "Christmas Penguin" file to cut the penguin two times. I flipped the one penguin horizontal. Then I used the Swirl Snowflakes Digi Paper to make a piece of paper to fit the front of my card. I sized it 1/4 inch smaller then my A2 card. My digi paper finished size is 4 x 5.25 inch.


I designed my card all on my Cameo 3 by Silhouette.  I made my penguins about 2.5 inches tall and made my hole circle larger, about 3 inches in diameter so the penguin can spin freely. I placed them all on my digital mat and cut all the images at once.


I laid a piece of clear thread across the hole and taped it very securely with scotch tape. Then I placed the thread between the two penguins and glued them to each other. Lastly, I added the digital paper on top and my card was finished. For the sentiment I used, " Winter Word Titles". 


I didn't like the cut I got with the snowflakes on the sentiment so I had to hand trim them off. I also hand trimmed the white border. I cut the words at a length of 4 inches so the snowflakes were too tiny to have all the details in the snowflakes cut properly. If your cutter is up for the challenge, then leave them on. It is your choice!! I also added some Wink of Stella to the letters for a glistening effect. I used foam adhesive to pop up the sentiment when I was finished.


To use the card, you spin the penguin over and over like 30 or 40 times and then shut the card and place it in the envelope. When the recipient opens the card, the little penguin will spin wildly in the opening!! It is great fun for children (and I enjoy a spinner card, truth be told!!).


That is all I have for today! Thanks for joining me and don't forget to sign up for my newsletter!

No comments:

Post a Comment