Monday, December 10, 2018

Miss Kate Cuttable's Santa Challenge

Hi!! I'm here with another paper creation! Before we get into the project, don't forget to get your FREEBIE over at Miss Kate Cuttables website. (I'll wait....)


Glad you made it back! Now on to the project!! Like I said before, this is a Christmas card holder as well as a fun holiday decoration. (This can be made for all kinds of special occasions, birthdays, anniversary, get well....any time you want to showcase some cards! Even if you make cards, this is a good idea to display them. Just change out the top panel for one that meets your holiday.)




I used the file called, "Dear Santa Title". You can find it HERE. I cut it as large as I could, so 12 inches across on my Silhouette Cameo mat. You can also do a print and cut of it too if you want to save some time. I assembled the file and popped up some of the pieces to add some dimension. Next, I reinforced my image with some mat board to give it some extra strength. I used white glue AND a glue gun. The glue gun will adhere quickly and the white glue will dry and add more grip.


I then attached some black ribbon to the back of my "letter" for the top hanger and two long tails of a wider red ribbon to hang my cards on. I Then used white glue as well as hot glue to add another layer of mat board to keep it all together and for durability.



Cut the ends of your ribbon  (use fray check if you think the ribbon will fray over the years) I used the side cut but you can cut them dove tail too!! Lastly, decide on how you want to hand your cards. I used some poster putty, but you can also hot glue some tiny clothes pins on each ribbon to clip on the cards. You can also use safety pins, hot glue for a permanent hang, or paper clips.



That's all there is to it!
Give it a try for yourself! It is fun, fast and a fun decoration!!

Thanks for stopping by, don't forget to sign up for my newsletter for more ideas sent right to your inbox!

No comments:

Post a Comment