Friday, December 14, 2018

Joy Clair Stamps and a Shaker Tag

This is my last post for Joy Clair Stamps. I have enjoyed my time on the Design Team for 2018. Thank you, Joy Clair,  for having me on the team and I will miss all of you!! Now on to my project.....

Bottle6

I used the stamp set called, "New Year New Me". I stamped the numbers on some white cardstock and cut them out carefully to enclose them in my shaker. I cut out the "2019" two times. I set them aside until I was done building the tag. I hand cut a large tag shape from some scrap paper. When I got the shape and size just right, I cut it the shape out of a page protector. Make sure you cut through both pieces of plastic. I then used my Project Life hot knife to melt the edges together to form my shaker.

Bottle6

I then added my shaker pieces: glitter, sequins, and some confetti pieces in various colors. I used gold, silver, black and white as my color scheme and my cut out numbers.

Bottle6

Once my items were added, I used my hot knife to enclose the items with a hot line across the top. I then stamped the count down numbers with light grey on a small piece of cardstock and then stamped "Happy New Year" over them with some black ink. To add some extra "SHINE" I used some mirror paper to line my paper and enclosed it in the tag shape. I used my hot knife one more time to seal up the tag.

Bottle6

I used a hole punch to punch a hole in my tag and added some gold and black ribbon.

Bottle6

The shaker is now complete! You can add it to any item you would like to give to your New Year's hostess/host. I tied it on a metal tin of cookies or you can tie it on a bottle of wine. Don't forget to sign your shaker tag if you want to make it a one time use, sign the back of your silver tag. If you want it reusable, don't sign it!

Bottle6

Thanks for joining me! Don't forget to sign up for my newsletter to get all the latest posts sent directly to your inbox!

No comments:

Post a Comment