Monday, January 7, 2019

Miss Kate Cuttables Challenge for January "Anything Goes"

Hi! Today I have a 2 part post. Tune in Thursday, January 17th for the rest of this post and to see the other card made with this technique!!

Before we get into the directions of how to make these cards, pick up your FREEBIE over at Miss Kate Cuttables!!

This technique can be use with ANY Miss Kate Cuttables set. When you need a quick card and don't have a lot of time to put into it,  this is the technique for you!! I picked 2 sets:

You Complete Me and You've Got A Pizza My Heart


Add the set you are wanting to use to your favorite cutting program. I am using Silhouette and my Cameo 3 to cut it out.  I placed all my items within my "print and cut" area and printed it on matte photo paper. I find this gives me the best printing results. This is the "print" part of the process.



After I print my items I go into my program and trace all the images and get it set for the "cut" part of my print and cut. I then proceed to cut out my printed images.



This is what my mat looks like after I weeded out all the paper around the images and I now have all the elements I need to make 2 cards!!! I will show you the second card on Thursday, January 17th, 2019 so check back to see that project using the elements above!!


I decided to make this card a bit more dramatic by adding up some pop up elements. This is easy to do and makes it look like you spent a lot of time on this card. Only you and I will know how easy it was to complete.

I cut some pop up elements in my card. You can do these by hand or use die cuts or even svgs and your die cutting machine. I used some metal dies I had. Be sure to cut your decorative paper at the same time to save some steps. This is how the card looks without the decorative paper.


Add your die cut elements and you are finished. I used some pop dots to pop up my sentiment also!



This is the front of the card. I keep the front simple when I have a lot going on inside the card.

Print and Cut makes this card a breeze to complete. Give it a try!!

Thanks for stopping by! Be sure to sign up for my newsletter to get all the latest posts sent directly to your inbox!!


No comments:

Post a Comment