Thursday, November 22, 2018

Nativity cards with Miss Kate Cuttables

Happy Thanksgiving!! Today's post is going to be Christmas cards!! I decided on doing some easy cards that are easy to mass produce.

Before we get started, be sure to head over to Miss Kate Cuttables for your DAILY FREEBIE!


I purchased the "O Holy Night Nativity" set from Miss Kate Cuttables.  Even thought this set has a set of words underneath I decided to purchase this set. I want to show you that you can change your images with your scissors and no need to learn any fancy software.  Also if you notice the floor on my Nativity is curvy. That is not the feature I would like for these cards so I will show you what I did to fix it.


If I just left the design as is, you can see above the ground is curvy and the sky would show under my image. So I cut a small strip of black paper and adhered it to the bottom of my finished card. You really can't see it when you see the card in person. The black paper on black paper really is the perfect fix if you don't know how to fix the design in your cutting program.


Okay, on to the card background. I took some Lipstick Distress ink


and added it to the bottom of my card front, then in order went up to the sky with Concord Grape,


Chipped Sapphire


 and finished of with Black Soot.


I then watered down some white paint and flicked it on with a paint brush. 



The white paint resembles all the stars in the sky. I love this effect!!


This background looks great with all sorts of mediums, die cutting, stamping, painting and drawing to name a few.



As I stated before, I added a small strip of black paper to my card front to the bottom as my ground. I then decided to play with my die cuts a bit to make all my cards a bit different. Some I left as is,


on some I cut all the stars and people out so I just had the main event and the animals to show they were in a stable.


On this card I switched the people with the animals to have it going the other way.


My last set I just cut the stars out and left the other elements, as is.


After I got all the images glued down, I went back to Miss Kate Cuttables for some wording. I purchased "Christmas Phrases 2 Set" I love the selection of the words to make each of my cards special. There are more HERE.



Well, that's it. I did some mass producing on these and I think they came out beautifully! I am sure people will be in AWE when they open up your Christmas card this year!! Don't forget to sign up for my newsletter to get the latest posts delivered right to your email the minute I post them!



No comments:

Post a Comment