Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Joy Clair "Many Names" Stamp Set

Hi, I'm here with a fun card using the new Joy Clair, "Many Names" stamp set as well as the new "Broken Brick Background" stamp set from the latest release. I also used some great black ink by Imagine Crafts with some of their wonderful embossing powder.

Easel card

Easel flat
    • I took a 4.25 x 5.5 piece of red card stock and very cut off about 1/8 on two adjacent sides. Then I stamped the "Broken Brick Background" stamp with white ink. I then aged some of the bricks with a red colored pencil and then added some distress marks with a black colored pencil. For more added detail I used some red stamping ink to blend the edges and added some patches in some spots. This is helpful to add interest and some details to the card so it doesn't look like a flat, boring card. 

      Easel cu
      • Next, I stamped some of the word stamps from "Many Names" around on the brick wall to represent some graffiti. I did not want them to be straight, just stamp them where-ever. (It is kinda fun to be able to stamp without positioning or worrying about getting a word straight.)
      • I used VersaFine Clair Nocturne Ink from Imagine Crafts. I love this ink because it stamps beautifully and the coverage is wonderful! I only have to stamp images ONCE!!
      • After I stamped all the words I used some watered down white paint to add some splotches for just a little more interest.   At this point the card front is complete. Set it aside to dry.
      • I took a A2 size black card base and scored the front of the card down the middle, across the horizon. I then mounted my dried red wall onto a piece of black card stock measuring 4.25 x 5.5 and attached it to the bottom portion of the card from below the score line. Do not glue above the score line. This makes an easel card.
      Easel up
      • To make your easel card stand up, I stamped my sentiment from "Chain Breaker" onto some black scrap cardstock and embossed it with some white embossing powder and heated it up with my heat gun and cut it out. I popped it up on some foam tape to hold my card front up to form the easel part of my card.
      • Lastly, I added some decorative dots with some liquid paint and I was done!
      Easel card

      I hope you like my fun easel wall card using the new stamp set, "Many Names" from Joy Clair!


      No comments:

      Post a Comment