Monday, June 11, 2018

Miss Kate Cuttables Challenge

Today I am doing a challenge with Miss Kate Cuttables. The challenge is making something with a "Sea Creature".

Before we get to the project, don't forget to get your "FREEBIE" at Miss Kate Cuttables.




 I first chose my file from the "Beach/Ocean/Tropical" category. I opened up the file in my Silhouette program and laid out the images on my virtual mat. I like to cut all my pieces in one pass if I can. Below you can see how I laid them out.


I cut them all out and then assembled them with some craft glue. When the sea horse was all put together I added a bit of glitter pen to the darkest layer or top layer for some added shimmer.


Next, I put my card base together. I used a typical A2 card base in a light green. I added a blue mat cut 1/4 inch smaller then layered a striped patterned patter cut 1/8 inch smaller then the blue mat. I glued them all down with craft glue. Then I cut out a navy blue circle with my circle die (or you can use your Silhouette machine using a 3.5 inch circle) Lastly, I cut out a blue decorative paper to resemble water at 3.25 inches. These were all glued down with craft glue and ready for my main image, the sea horse. I used some foam adhesive to attach it to give it some dimension.


To finish it off I added some faux green enamel dots in each corner and I was finished.
I hope you like my answer to the "Sea Creature" challenge. I think it is adorable!!

Thanks for checking in!
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment