Thursday, May 24, 2018

Miss Kate Cuttables Flower Cut Cards

Today is a fun and easy project from Miss Kate Cuttables and me! I used a great technique which can be used on any design. I used it on some flowers.

Before we get started on the project, don't forget to get your DAILY FREEBIE over at Miss Kate Cuttables!



I took the file, "Daisy Flower Flourishes" I opened it up in my Silhouette program. I ungrouped the flowers and took the daisy with the red center and placed it on my mat. I sized the flower to the size I wanted and removed the area where the red center was. I then used my "slice" tool and cut away all the bottoms of the petals so all that was left was arches in the form of a flower. I then selected it all and grouped them. Save this file. Next take a rectangle file for your card front and arrange the new cut file you made where ever you want to cut the daisies. I made some of them large and some small. You can arrange them any way you would like, in a row, in a circle, all over or just one large daisy.

This is a fun way to make cut files and use your files a bit differently then just cutting the file as is.





 






After I got all my card fronts cut, I lifted up the petals by bending at the base. Make sure you do good, clean cuts. Double cuts are a good idea to make your bending easier.

Now all you have to do is add some scrap papers behind the cuts and mount onto a card base. I decided to cut my card front a bit smaller to add some interest. I added buttons, faux enamel dots and jelly dots to my cards. You can add anything you would like to the centers. Other ideas are: dimensional paint, puff paints, beads, pearls, brads, eyelets, enamel paints, cardstock punches or just color the centers with markers!







I hope you enjoy my technique and try it for yourself!! Until next time, Happy Crafting!!





No comments:

Post a Comment