Monday, May 21, 2018

A Manly Card with Joy Clair's Classic Father's Day Stamp Set

Joy Clair has come out with 12 new stamps sets! Check out all the great stamps HERE!!

Today I will be using a few stamp sets to make my card. I made a manly card and love how it turned out! These stamps are awesome for making men cards which we all know are very hard to do.



 

I started with a card base that is A2 or 4.25 x 5.5 inch. I covered it with some striped patterned paper.
I then cut my image paper to 4.25 x 3 inches. I stamped the car image from the new set: Classic Father's Day with VersaFine Clair Nocturne. I colored the image with Leisure Arts Premium Colored Pencils. Then I stamped the same car image on some sticky paper and cut it out. I used this "mask" to cover my stamped and colored car and began to stamp the background. I used the new: Joy Clair Crackle Background with some light beige ink to stamp right over the masked card. I then re-inked the same Crackle Background stamp and turned it upside down and re-stamped with a darker brown ink. I then used a sponge to sponge some of the dark ink around the edges of that same panel to make it look a bit more aged.


To add some dimension I also added some Glossy Accents over the car to make it shinny and raised.


When it dried I layered it with some black and red cardstock and added a few die cuts and the front of my card was done! On to the inside....


I used 2 different Joy Clair Stamp sets to do my sentiment. I decided to make it a Father's Day card but you can make it a birthday card, retirement or just because card by changing the sentiment. I used  "Many Names and Classic Father's Day" to piece together my fun sentiment. I used my Versafine Clair Nocturne for this stamping also.

 That's it for now! Happy Crafting!!





No comments:

Post a Comment