Thursday, May 17, 2018

A Playful Card with Joy Clair Stamps

Today is a playful card using the new Joy Clair stamp sets: Life's A Breeze.

Kite5

Start by picking some fun pattern paper. I used a yellow plaid and a fun colored square paper. I stamped the large basic kite on the papers with some VersaFine Clair Nocturne ink. I cut out the kites by hand. I also stamped the kite ties on each paper, stamping 3 of each and cutting them out also. I set them aside until my card base was made.

Kite1

I also stamped the sun from the set on some yellow paper and cut out just the center. Next, I started on my background. I cut a piece of light blue cardstock measuring 5.25 x 4 inches. I stamped my sentiment, "ENJOY YOUR DAY" from the set with VersaMark and used some Imagine Embossing Powder  in white to heat emboss. I stamped my sun stamp in the top left with the same VersaFine Clair ink and then ran the whole thing through my Sizzix with an embossing folder that had clouds on it. This is called "dry embossing".

I then cut a yellow mat 1/8 inch larger then my blue embossed panel. I rounded the corners on all my panels including the A2 card base I am using for my card base. I glued down the yellow panel but popped up the blue panel with some foam tape.

I then arranged my kites and adhered them with foam tape also as well as the yellow sun circle with the foam tape over the stamped sun on the blue panel. I added some twine for my kite tails and glued the kite ties to the twine. If you want to have the strings stay in some kind of placement, use some dots of glue to attach the strings. I tucked my strings under the blue panel with glue also
.
Kite5

At this point you are finished and ready to send your card to someone special to brighten their day!
Thanks for joining me!



No comments:

Post a Comment