Monday, February 11, 2019

Mardi Gras and Miss Kate Cuttables

Today I have a fun decoration for Mardi Gras!! It is the monthly challenge for Miss Kate Cuttables. I have to admit, this one was a thinker!! Miss Kate Cuttables currently does not have a Mardi Gras selection but taking some items from a few sets I came up with this goodie; I hope you like it!!




Before we get into the project, click HERE to get the daily freebie over at Miss Kate Cuttables.





This hat is cut from the "Windy Snowman" file. Make your hat as large or small as you like. I made the image of the hat fit on a 12 x12 sheet of purple cardstock. I cut the hat band out of green cardstock and then moved on to the embellishments.




I couldn't find a fleur de lis so I used a "Flourish Accent". I cut it out of yellow cardstock and then used some glue to spread over the item and then added some gold glitter. This is messy but Ilove the look and it adds the shinny element that makes this decor scream, MARDI GRAS!!



I did some research into Mardi Gras and found a strong tie with skull and bones. So, I incorporated a fun "Skull and Crossbones" set that I thought was cute.  I cut them out of some bone cardstock and added some shadows with some grey and black to make it complete.



Cutting the feathers was a challenge because Miss Kate has many to choose from. I finally decided on this "Feather Set". I loved the two tones in them and the white tops!! I used various shades of purple, yellow and green cardstock. I also cut the beads from "Pile of Presents-Boy" using the same colors as the feathers.  I took the balloons middle layer to make my "beads". You can chose to use the white highlights if you want some added layers. I chose not to.



I then glued all my embellishments to my main hat piece and back the whole thing with some strong cardboard and added a hanger and I was finished!!



Don't forget to sign up for my newsletter to get the latest posts as they are posted!



No comments:

Post a Comment