Thursday, September 20, 2018

Halloween Decor with Miss Kate Cuttables "Witch In Moon"

It is that time again to start thinking about Halloween Decor!! I have a great and VERY EASY project today to jump start your Halloween decorating.


But first, hop on over to Miss Kate Cuttables to get today's FREEBIE!!




Now let's get started!!



First, I got my file from Miss Kate Cuttables.  I chose the "Witch In Moon"  file but just about any file will work with this method. I put my image on the Silhouette Cameo 3 program mat and sized it as large as it would go to fit my 12x12 inch mat.






 I cut out my image and weeded the image and set it aside. Then I proceeded to cut 3 more layers the exact same way. I used regular black 12x12 inch cardstock. Since I wanted my decor to be more sturdy I needed more layers. (If you had some mat board, you could sandwich that between two sheets of paper and that would be nice and sturdy. Just run a black marker around the edges to hide the mat board edge.)





I added glue to my last image and layered them together. If you have more then one mat, I would layer as I went. It is easier to glue while it is still on the mat because you can toss any paper that the glue seeps out on. This is also easier to line up the image.


Before I added my last layer, I added a piece of fishing line to the top as a hanger. I chose to run the line down her head and hat and up to the second ring around the moon for more stability. 


At this point, you could be done, but I decided to add a bit more bling to my piece.



I just put some glue down and then sprinkled on some black glitter. Let them dry and this decor is finished!!  Time to make some more!!


I only placed it in front of the door to photo, hang it anywhere you want a bit of Halloween!

Thanks for joining me today. Please, don't forget to sign up for my newsletter so you don't miss any future projects!

No comments:

Post a Comment