Saturday, September 29, 2018

National Coffee Day Blog Hop

Today I am participating in a Blog Hop with Joy Clair Stamps. Below is my "Coffee" card. I am not a coffee drinker but I do have lots of friends who do, so this will apply to them.



I used the Coffee stamp set called, "Coffee Talk" Clear Stamps from Joy Clair Stamps. I took some watercolor paper and stamped the word, "coffee" in versamark and used clear embossing powder to heat emboss. I then used the "smooch" method to apply some brown Distress Inks. I then layered that with a darker brown paper.


Next, I ran some light brown paper through my Sizzix with a coffee embossing folder to have another layer of texture.



Then I stamped the coffee image on the same light brown paper with the same Distress Inks I used to "smooch". I cut out the image and colored with some Leisure Arts Premium Colored Pencils. I also stamped one of the "latte" foam images in white craft ink and used some white heat embossing powder on it to make it look more realistic. I mounted it on my card with foam adhesive.


Lastly, I stamped my sentiment with versamark on some pink paper and heat embossed it with white embossing powder. I duck tailed cut the edge and mounted it also on some foam adhesive.


That's all!! Hope you like my contribution to the coffee hop! Please sign up for my email so you don't miss any new posts with new cards and ideas!  Have fun "hopping"!!

http://joyclair.typepad.com/blog/2018/09/national-coffee-day-blog-hop.html


Thank you!


41 comments:

  1. Love the texture of your card. The embossing on the foam is perfect too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great background - I have the Embossing folder which I like very much- you did a great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy background! Love the pink and craft too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a great looking card, love the background.

    Have a wonderful day,
    Jessica
    Polka Dot Orchard

    ReplyDelete
  5. The card is fantastic.
    Love the coffee stains in the
    background. The embossed cups
    are a fun idea. thanks for
    sharing. txmlhl(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  6. The smooshing looks yummy & looks like it smells yummy, too. lol Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that pop of pink! Really beautiful design!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the distressed inked coffee layer. Pretty card. Happy Coffee Day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. BEAUTIFUL card! I love the Pinks and Browns that you used for this card! I also like your smooching method! very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is one creative coffee card, from the embossing and beautiful background to the lovely 'foam' with the embossing powder! Just sensational!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great design. I like the embossed background.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great card. Love the background, colors, embossing, and the foam. Very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yummy yummy background and love how you treated the coffee designs... very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cute card; love the embossing! -Tasha :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm really loving your card, neat textures/techniques that you've combined.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love all the elements of your card...papers, stamps, design. Good job!
    Happy National Coffee Day!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the browns and pinks together. The design is very creative. Very nice!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the heat embossing and background

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love that coffee cup image. And your little touches of pink to go with the java brown.

    ReplyDelete
  20. W O W!!!! This card is soooo amazing!! I cannot love it enough...normally, I pick out something about a card to comment on, but I LOVE this entire card! Every single inch! Great job!! TFS and inspiring!!! I'm swooning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! You are too kind!! I love how this one came out too. It was fun SMOOCHING!

      Delete
  21. Oh what a lovely card! Fantastic smooshed background and composition.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your card is so fun! I am fond of the embossed images on your background! Super great idea to add texture but not bulk and the part with coffee all over it that looks like you spilled coffee on it but was able to wipe up everything but the word coffee; FANTASTIC! All the way to the powdered sugar dust on the top of your mug in heart shapes! A really creative card! Super-duper neat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for all your kind words. I appreciate it!

      Delete
  23. Awesome card for the hop! Love the layering and colors! The 'powdered sugar' texture looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  24. your ink smooshing looks just like my (frequent) coffee spills! :) luv all of the texture

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a great card you made ! I love the colors you used so much ! Thanks for sharing. Love, Marjorie
    [margessw(at)icloud(dot)com]

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a super cute card. Thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete