Monday, January 11, 2016

CHEERS!

Today's sweet bear is a cut file from Paper Crafting World, Bear Holding Hot Chocolate. He is a very easy file to cut out and assemble. It is a great card for a winter birthday or just a wintery hello!

 
 Let's make the card!

1. Open the file and adjust the bear to measure 4.25 inches. My card is 4.5 x 6.5. It fits into an A7 envelope without any extra shipping.
2. Cut the bear pieces out in desired colors.
3. Shade each cut piece with ink. I used Memento Dew Drops.


4. Assemble the bear. I used dimensional glue dots on the cup. Add some dots of white paint to check and eyes for high lights. I also added a rhinestone to the snowflake for some added bling.


5. For the papers: Red base is 4 1/2 x 6 1/2; Brown 4 1/4 x 6 1/4; Decorative Brown Stripe 4 x 6;
 Black 3 5/16 th x 4 13/16 th; Decorative Red Plaid 4 1/4 x 6 1/4.
6. Layer all the papers and adhere with tape and use dimensional pads to pop the bear up off the mat.
7. For the word, "cheers" I use the Sizzix Thinklits Drop-Ins.  I cut off the word HOLIDAY and just used CHEERS. Attach it to the top right of your card.
8. You can use anything to decorate your card front. I used some faux enamel dots I made from melting some Perler beads.

 

6 comments:

  1. Thank you!! Hope you give it a try! If you don't have this bear design, you can use any image you want and use my card design as a sketch! Enjoy!
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute!!! Beautiful job! I love the patterned papers you chose. The bear looks like he has a real sweater on!!! Thank you for sharing your creativity with us!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So adorable! I love the sweater paper and all the layers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mary!! I was always looking for a design to use that sweater paper. I thought this was the perfect one! :)

      Delete
  4. How cute. Bears are a favorite of mine. Good job on this card!

    ReplyDelete