Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Miss Kate Cuttables "Hello"


This adorable phone file is a Miss Kate Cuttables. I made the file larger to make it into a card.


Let's make the card!

First open the phone file up in your favorite cutting program. I used my Silhouette program and cut it with my Cameo. I sized it to 4 1/2 inches (If you want it to fit an A2 envelope, size the card to 4 1/4). I made a copy of the base card, flipped it, overlapped it a tiny bit on the original phone base and then welded it together. This is how you make a card base for any of your die cuts in a cutting program. (If you are confused, I will have a post coming soon with step by step photos on how to make a card from a die cut.)

Next cut out all your phone pieces in the color cardstock you would like. (You don't have to pick the same colors as I did. Be creative! Use scrap paper you may have for the smaller pieces.) Ink all your pieces with coordinating inks. I used Dew Drop inks to ink my papers. To add some interest use textured papers for the phone base or run the papers though an embossing folder.


Assemble your phone pieces and add them to your phone card base. My card base was white, so my phone cord was white. If you desire a different color phone cord, use colored paper for your card base. For added dimension I popped up my heart on the dial with foam adhesive. I even added some bling to it with some Wink of Stella.



I cut out the "hello" sentiment (also used Wink of Stella) and attached it to the inside of my card.


At this point you are DONE! You can use an A7 envelope or make a special one with an envelope maker.

2 comments: