Monday, February 12, 2018

Love Tree

Today's card is a challenge from Miss Kate Cuttables:  Red, White and Pink. I thought this Valentine's Tree fit perfectly. It can be used as a Valentine's or just a special sentiment card.


The file is called "Valentine Tree". It may look difficult but it isn't. All the tiny hearts and leaves are all on separate trees by color. No need to glue tiny hearts and leaves to the tree, just glue each colored layer to form the complete tree. I also cut out an extra bark layer and added it to the top and bent up the branches to look more 3D. For some added dimension I added a pop up heart. I took one of the hearts from the set and blew it up and cut it out 5 times. I scored each heart in half and folded them. Next I glued them all together and adhered to my card at an angle. I also added a little sketching with a brown glitter pen to resemble some of the details in the bark. This is optional. It is fun to add in tiny details like pen, marker or chalk to add shading and texture to your die cutting.


To jazz up my card a bit, I used sparkle pen on my hearts and some tiny gems to the card front.


I used the "i love you" from: Never Forget How Much I Love You Girl  file. I cut this out of black shinny card stock. I think the shinny card stock makes it more "special".

Head on over to Miss Kate Cuttable Blog to see the other designers take on Red, White and Pink!


Until next time.....Happy Crafting!






 

No comments:

Post a Comment