Friday, February 2, 2018

Joy Clair Valentine Background Builder and Love Language Stamps on Love Card

Hi! I'm here to show you how to make a cute Love Card for someone special. This is not only a great Valentine card but a Love Card could be given any day of the year. Why wait until Valentine's Day to tell someone you love them? I got the stamps from Joy Clair. Let's get started!

Front wide w

I used the Valentine Background Builder and the Love Languages sets to make my card. For the background paper I used Valentine Background Builder and I used Love Languages for my sentiment. My card is 4.25 x 6 inches (black paper). The background paper is 3.75 x 5.25 inches (white paper).

1

To make the background, stamp the image with a stamping tool such as this one or with an acrylic block. I stamped my sentiment in a straight line but you can choose to stamp them off set. I like the look of them all in a row. It is a cleaner look because the white space is all lined up. I used black Versafine to stamp then colored all the hearts in with a red glitter marker.

2

Next, I mounted the background paper to my card base. In this case I used black as my base. When I make cards, I usually make card fronts. The black is not a card, just the front panel. I then will take an 8.5 x 11 inch piece of white paper and cut in half horizontally. Then score that in half vertically and that is your card. One sheet of paper will provide you with 2 cards and then I adhere my card front on the front of one of the cards.

3

After the base of the card is made it is on to the sentiment. I used a stitched heart die and cut out a red heart with my Sizzix Big Kick. Then, I took the Love Languages stamp set (I chose the "i love you" stamp) and stamped it on the red heart with VersaMark. I then sprinkled it with black embossing powder and heated it.

4

With my sentiment done I arranged it on my card front where I wanted it. If you wanted a "clean and simple" card you could stop here but I wanted a bit more texture and dimension so I added some red and white twine behind my embellishment and popped it up on foam adhesive squares. I still thought I wanted more...so I used a arrow die set I had from Sizzix and cut out an arrow with a heart. I cut the arrow in half because it wasn't long enough to show if I put it behind my heart as I planned.

4

I took the little black heart that came out of my arrow tail and used it on my heart just under the words "I love you". To further add detail to my card, I used some black enamel paint to paint my heart.

 Close up w 
Regular view w

I hope you enjoyed my little project! Please stop by my blog to comment and leave me some feedback on what you would like to see more of or share a pic of your card you made following these instructions.
Until next time! Happy Crafting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment