Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Joy Clair Stamps Washed by the Blood

For Today's Blog Hop Post I decided to use the stamp set called, "Washed by the Blood" by Joy Clair Stamps.  I think it will make a great inspiration card for someone who is down. It reminds us how the Lord washes us of our sins and renews our spirit.

Card front w

Card front w

Let's get started!
  1. Decide what size you want your card. I used a typical A2. Stamp the images you would like to use. (I colored my images with alcohol markers so I used marker paper and Memento ink) Cut around your images leaving a small amount of white showing.
2 color w

2. Color your images. Set the images aside and work on your card base.

3 stamp wood w

3. Take your card base, fold it in half and cut a slit at about 2.5 inches in and then again at 3.25. Fold the fold opposite your card fold for your pop up element. (I used a die to create my pop up, if you have one, place it in the middle of your card on the fold and run though your die cutting machine.) I used a wood stamp and brown ink to make the bathroom floor, if you have wood paper or wood embossing folder, you can use them instead.

4 emboss w

4. Emboss your card base at the top with any embossing folder that will resemble tile or a bathroom wall.

5 stamp words w

5. Next I worked on my faux rug. I used a oval die, if you don't have one, just trace an oval and cut out. I then stamped the saying from the set that I wanted to use. There are several to choose from, I liked the "Washed by the water of the word".

6 emboss rug w

6. To make my carpet more carpet like, I used a texture embossing folder that looked like fabric. I also inked my white paper to match the colors I colored my water and bubbles. I then proceeded to adhere my tub to the pop up mechanism and glue down all the other pieces to form my scene.

Inside close up w

7. For some fun detail, run your card front though an embossing folder to add texture to the front of your card. I used one that looked like bubbles to enhance the theme of my card.

7 emboss cardfront w

8. Add the inside of the card to the card front. Add a sentiment to your card front and you are finished. I also embellished my card with some sequins and added some to the inside of my card to act as bubbles.

Card front w

I hope you like my card and let me know if you make one for yourself! Until next time, Happy Crafting!!
Jen


Let's start the Fun and Creativity! Remember that we ALWAYS have prizes for our readers and visitors that comment HERE and in our corporate blog as well as in ALL designers blogs during the hop!


JC_GIFTCARDS

Just leave your comments and tell us which is your favorite stamp set!

Here is the complete list of the Everyday Blog Hop:






Jenny Fruchey You are here!







Have fun and get inspired!!!


25 comments:

  1. Great card. Love Languages is my favorite in this release.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card. My favorite is Call on the Lord.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome pop up card! Love the colors and textures!
    Get Well Wishes is my favorite... love those cute kitties!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty, love all the extra details. They make it so special!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally love that pop up card!!!
    Thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this inside and out. I like the embossing.
    Get Well Wishes is my fave.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your clever card design and especially like your suggestion to use an embossing folder for extra texture and detail. My favorite set is Best Buds

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a fun surprise inside! Love your bath time fun card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is so cool! Love the surprise when open! My favorite new stamp set is Get Well Wishes. It's soooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Break Every Chain is my Fave! There is Power in the name of Jesus

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the pop up! Too cute and what a great pick me up card!

    My favorite set is Chain Breaker! It so speaks to my heart and story!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful cards Jenny! So happy to have your on the team, I look forward to more inspiration from you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your pop-up bathroom scene is way too cute and I love the embossed 'water' on the front! I love the Get Well Wishes set... those two cats hanging in there make me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card! I love how you focused on the Psalm on the front of the card! I really like Best Buds, Gnome is where the heart is, and Call on the Lord from this release.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice card. Love the colors you chose! My favorite of the sets is Best Buds, followed closely by Get Well Wishes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow ! This is such a fun card ! Well done !
    [margessw(at)icloud(dot)com]

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your creation is so cute! I love every detail.
    Chain Breaker is my favorite set. It means a lot to me.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Boy, your card is amazing!! You added that tile, and bubbles' backgrounds, and wood bathroom floor! Perfect to show off these great stamped images!! Love your card and how they "Popped" up! Great job!
    My fav'sets are Valentines background builder and Scriptures of love.

    ReplyDelete