Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Christmas Cocoa from Joy Clair Stamps

I am happy to announce I am on the 2018 Design Team for Joy Clair Stamps!! Head on over to their website and check out all the wonderful stamps they sell. If you are looking for religious stamps for your Bible journaling or card making, this is definitely the place to get them!!

Now for my project:


I used the Christmas Cocoa stamp set for my card. But first I did some prep work on my card base.


1. Take an embossing bag and rub it over your card base. I used a brown for mine for the feel of cocoa.
2. Stamp the tiny snowflakes from the set all over the card front using VersaMark ink. Add white embossing powder and heat with heat tool.


3. Use the free file you receive when you purchase your stamp set to cut out all the images of your stamps on your favorite die cutting machine. I used my Cameo 3 by Silhouette. This is optional, you can always just stamp your images and hand cut, but this is way more fun!


4. I used the MISTI tool to stamp my mugs on my die cuts but you can easily line up your images with a clear acrylic block and stamp with black ink.


5. Color your mugs. I used colored pencils and Gamsol to color my images. I wanted a soft look that this technique gives. If you want to color with Copics, markers, crayons, colored pencils or watercolor it is up to you. Use what you have.


6. Cut a piece of vellum for the center of your card. I cut mine 5.5 x1.5 and embossed using a snowflake embossing folder. I thought that would add some fun texture as well as adding to the winter theme.


7. Dig out the snow flake punches, die cuts or dies you have and color them with a glitter pen. Also add some "bling" to them if you have it.


8. Now assemble the card. Add the strip of vellum, arrange the mugs where you would like them. I used adhesive foam squares to pop up one of my mugs and on the marshmallows of the other mug for some dimension. Arrange flakes where you would like them and adhere them with glue. I added glue to the centers of the flakes so I could bend the flakes for more movement and dimension.



Hope you enjoyed my winter card for Joy Clair Stamps. Come back soon for more inspiration and fun projects!

Happy Crafting!
Jen

1 comment: