Saturday, November 9, 2013

Halloween Birthday Card

Here is a quick card I made for a friend whose birthday is on Halloween.  I received the image from
Miss Kate Cuttables. 


I first made an A2 card stock base out of black paper.  I pulled out my Midnight Magic 6x6 pattern pack (purchased at Michael's) and cut a 4.25 x 5.5 out of some black and purple paper. I inked the edges with black soot distressing ink to give it an aged appearance. Out of the same paper pack I selected a green paper and cut a 2.5 x 4.25 rectangle and also inked the edges with black soot distressing ink to give a uniformed appearance to both papers.

Taking that same paper I wrapped some twine around it, three times and adhered it to the back with some scotch tape.  I added a bow to the front or you could add a knot. If you don't have twine, you can do the same thing with ribbon. Next I added a punched tag that I layered on back card stock for a border, after I inked it with green ink.  I do not recall the ink I used but any green stamping ink will do. I used a Halloween greeting I had in my stamp stash, any greeting will do.  If you don’t have any stamps, you can use your computer to print out some words or write a sentiment with a marker.  I punched a hole for some more twine and added dimensional tape to the back to pop up that element.

After I had the base of the card complete I moved on to my main image, the vampire cupcake.  I received this cutting file from Miss Kate Cuttables. I cut out all the pieces on Recollections card stock I purchased from Michael's and began to assemble him.  I chalked some of the edges of the face to give some shading. I also put him on dimensional tape. I added the cupcake to the card front and could have stopped there but I wanted to use some more embellishments I had in my stash.  I dug out a bat border I had from some scrap booking decorations and cut off two bats. Added them to the top with more dimensional tape to finish off the card.

No comments:

Post a Comment