Thursday, May 23, 2019

Bookmarks with Recycled Paper and Miss Kate Cuttables

Miss Kate Cuttables has done it again!! Another great paper pack out with Spring in mind!! I love these packs.


If you are going by Miss Kate Cuttables website to check out all the new items don't forget to pick up a Freebie!!


I am an avid reader. I love PAPER BACK BOOKS. I do the digital thing once in a while but I love paper!! So, I am always in need of bookmarks. I hate to bend my paper pages into "dog ears" to make my pages so I turn to my bookmarks. I have many books going at once. I like to leave them in places to make it convenient to read. I have one next to my bed, upstairs, one in my craft room, one in my family room and yes, one in the bathroom!!


I was thinking of what to make my next batch of markers with and there it was!! The new Miss Kate Cuttables Spring pack with the front page SCREAMING BOOK MARKS!!  So I took up the challenge.

Just take the display page you usually discard and cut along all the lines. It is that easy!! I then matched up my favorite papers together and taped them back to back.


Then I ran them though my laminating machine. If you don't have a laminating machine you can use contact paper and sandwich them between the contact paper and trim out.


When I was finished trimming them I used a hole punch to punch holes at the top and then strung ribbon through them. (You can also use the fancy tousle things but I only had one.) I also used a corner rounder on the edges so they don't poke me. The plastic is sharp when you leave the corners at 90 degree angles.


This is a great way to save your fun Miss Kate Paper for other projects but still get a large assortment of bookmarks for your reading place holders!! Enjoy!!

Thanks for joining me! Please take some time to check out some of my other posts with more inspirational ideas and join my newsletter so you will get all the new posts sent directly to your email!!

Happy Crafting!




2 comments:

  1. Very pretty!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia Rodriguez
    I would love for you to follow me over at my NEW blog...If you already are....Thank you!
    Migdalia's Crafts

    ReplyDelete