Monday, March 11, 2019

Miss Kate Cuttables March Challenge

Today I am doing the Miss Kate Cuttables March Challenge: Shamrock or Clovers

Before we get into the project don't forget to get your DAILY FREEBIE over at Miss Kate Cuttables.




I have been getting into making wine glasses and mugs lately. I am going nuts for vinyl!! I love to make gifts for my friends and family with personalized items. Vinyl is the way I do it!! Who doesn't love a personalized mug or glass?? Well.....I know I do so I made this wine glass for St. Patrick's Day!! (I am not a drinker but love to use them for sparkling cider and other punches.)

I used the following cut files from Miss Kate Cuttables:  Miss Gwen Font and St. Patrick's Day Title

If you don't like this font or my choice of shamrocks there are many others to choose from over at Miss Kate's. 


I selected my favorite font, found my favorite saying and off I went. I typed my saying in my Miss Gwen Font and sized it in my Silhouette Cameo 3 editing program.  I added in my shamrocks and then copied it TWICE on my digital mat.


I selected the wording and deleted all of it. (Don't worry, we still have the words on our other copy) That left only the shamrocks. I grouped them and moved them to the top section of my mat. This will be cut out of green vinyl.


Take the second design and remove the shamrocks and group the letters. This will all be cut from black. This procedure makes vinyl layering very easy.  Don't change anything on either of these files except removing the items I told you to. Place this design to another part of your mat away from the shamrock images. Next load your vinyl. Add black to the wording area and green vinyl to the shamrock area.  Cut out these items in one pass through your Cameo 3 or whatever program you use.

 
 
Make sure you clean your glass surface or items is clean and finger print free. I use a alcohol wipe and clean my surface and let it air dry. Then I place a clean towel on my table and then lay my glass (in this case) on the towel so it won't roll around and I can see my placement clearly.



After cutting out my vinyl make sure you weed it. Then use some transfer tape and lift the black vinyl on one piece and lift the shamrocks with another piece of transfer tape.  Lastly, add the black wording to your items and then add your green layer. Make sure you rub the vinyl down to get a good adhesion.



That's it!! Now enjoy your new wine glass with a small glass of something!!

Don't forget to drop by blog for more ideas and sign up for my newsletter to get the latest posts as they are posted!




2 comments:

  1. You made it sound so easy, I’m going to have to try it!!! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So easy, let me know if you have any questions!! Subscribe to my newsletter to get more tutorials sent directly to you when I post!

      Delete