Friday, October 12, 2018

Halloween Pencil Boxes with Miss Kate Cuttables

I have a fun 3D project! These will be great items to give to your favorite "Trick or Treater" or for school party gifts. These can be used for any holiday. Pencils are very inexpensive and they come in all different holiday patterns. Check out your favorite dollar store for them. Not to mention it makes writing fun!!
 
 
Before we start, don't forget to get the "DAILY FREEBIE" over at Miss Kate Cuttables.


I used Miss Kate Cuttables Pattern Paper pack called "October 31st". There are a TON of papers to choose from. (Even digital ones so you can make as many as you want and never run out of paper. Just print and cut!) I have made the cut file following the instructions from the internet. (If you would like me to send you the svg cut file, please send me your email address in the comments below.)
 

I just mounted my favorite paper on the mat and used my file to cut the svg. This file makes 6 pencil cases on one 12x12 sheet of paper. You can modify the amount before you cut if you would like less boxes.




Add adhesive to the top of the decorative paper flap on the left and fold up to make a box. Add liquid adhesive to the flaps at the bottom to fold up to make a box. I folded the one long flap first added some glue on that flap as well as the two sides and folded them in and lastly folded the last long flap to seal it all together.



You are done with the box assembly, now on to the fun part......DECORATING!!



I cut some fun Halloween files from Miss Kate Cuttables to decorate the rest of my pencil boxes. I used "Stacked Jack-O-Lanterns" and "Green Halloween Monster".



Use what you have to add some fun: ribbons, bows, die cuts, glitter, flocking, stamping.....the ideas are unlimited!! Remember, you can make these for any holiday just by changing out the paper and decorations. (I plan on making a lot more!!)


 This is what the box looks like plain. You can leave it like this or add decorations.


This is the back and side of the box with the decorations on it.




Please leave me some pics of your projects when you finish them in the comments below!



Happy Halloween and Happy Crafting!!


No comments:

Post a Comment