Thursday, April 19, 2018

Miss Kate Cuttables Halloween Card Challenge and MORE!

This adorable Halloween card doubles as a Halloween decoration! It lays flat so it can be put in an envelope but you can stand it up and add a electronic tea light to make it a decoration.

This is the easel card with the light behind the card front.


This is the card folded down and ready to send.


This is the side view of the card with the added electronic tea light.


This card uses Miss Kate Cuttable's Halloween Witch Frame. I used the standard "easel card" instructions. (You can find them here at Splitcoaststampers.com)
  • Cut out the file to fit the size card you are making. (I made a card 4.5 x 6 so my finished image was 5 inches. 
  • I cut a base card from purple. (4.5 x 12) Score at 3 and 6 inches.
  • Lay the image over the card base and trace inside the image. At the 3 inch fold, cut out the oval with a craft knife. This will be the bottom half of the witch image so you can see the tea light though. 
 
  • Cut out 2 black mats at 4.25 x 5.75inches and 2 decorative papers at 4 x 5.5 inches. Layer them together.
  • Lay the witch image on one set of papers and temporarily adhere it to front of card. 
  • Turn the card over so you can see the back of the card front. Trace the cut out half circle and use craft knife to cut out that section. 
  • Add some plastic between the mat and card base so the light will disperse a bit and shine better.
  • Adhere the front to card base with plastic in the hole. Only add adhesive to the bottom half of the card base so it can fold. Add the image to the papers also.


  •  I used the piece of paper I cut out of the back of the card and adhered it to the folded edge of paper of the card base so it wouldn't be purple showing though when the card was closed on top.
  • Attach the inside papers to the inside of the card.
  • Cut a black rectangle 1 x 3 inches and some purple an 1/8 of an inch smaller. This will be for your sentiment. I used one that would match my design. I also mounted it below the oval opening so it wouldn't show when the card was closed. 
  • Attach with some foam adhesive. 

  • You can stop here but I also wanted my card to stand up further. I added some faux enamel dots. This way, I can either have it on an angle or standing straight up with the battery operated tea light behind it. 


 Add your message in the blank space between the dots and the stamped sentiment or write on the back of the card.

Enjoy!
Thanks for stopping by! Until next time, Happy Crafting!!






No comments:

Post a Comment