Sunday, May 3, 2015

Shaker Fun!



It's been a while since I made a shaker. I used to make them all the time in my scrapbooks. I made this cute little shaker card with my Silhouette Cameo. The two files I used were from Miss Kate Cuttables. Pet fish Set and fish in a bowl from the Silhouette Design Store also by Miss Kate Cuttables. The decorative paper was paper from my stash, card stock from Michael's and sequence and beads from my dollar store. The twine was from Annie's Paper Boutique.

I cut a window of a fish bowl on the front of my card using my silhouette. I also cut two fish bowl outlines to hold the recycled plastic in place for the shaker. Next I cut all the fish elements from the Michael's card stock and glued them on the inside of the card showing through the fish bowl window. Before adding the shaker elements, I placed my decorative paper where I wanted it to be on the front of the card, traced the opening from the inside.

Then I cut out the fish bowl shape with scissors. I added a piece of recycled plastic cut 1/2 of an inch larger then the fish bowl opening and glued it to the outside of the card. Then took the decorative paper and taped it over the plastic and added the outline of the fish bowl to cover any edges. On the inside of the card, I added beads and sequence to the plastic fish bowl.

This next part is really important, you need to use double sided foam adhesive tape to make the shaker work. I used the tape around the opening of the fish bowl to seal in all the shaker goodies. I cut the tape to make long 1/8 inch strips and completely surround the fish bowl opening and then laid another piece of recycled plastic over the tape. I glued the fish bowl outline over the plastic to cover the tape. I also added the twine to the top of the card for decoration. I made a slit in the fold of the card to feed through the twine. Lastly, I added the fish food container.

No comments:

Post a Comment